Monday, 21 August 2017

"White people forced me to eat too much food. The oppression is unbelievable!" "I feel you, sista"
Since the Stormer is currently in an impaired state, I'll try and be a bit more stürmisch myself. Yesterday the NY Times had an article written by Monstrously Fat Black Feminist Roxane Gay. She is appalled by the vibes of hate she feels emanating from those thin white guys daring to protest their own extinction. She is so appalled she has forgotten how to construct proper sentences, with subjects and objects and verbs and the like. Grammar is a racist, neo-Nazi construct anyway, invented as a tool of oppression to intimidate brown people. And women.
Angry white men holding tiki torches and shouting their throats raw chanting “blood and soil,” spittle hanging from their lips. Angry white men, arms outstretched in the Nazi salute. Angry white men playing soldier, heavily armed in public. Nazi flags, Confederate flags, American flags, “Make America Great Again” hats. Bodies clashing. A slate-gray car barreling into people standing up to racism. Bodies flying.
Source

It could all have been so different if only that bad blonde white man hadn't won!
For the past week, I have seen hate thriving in plain sight. I am disgusted. I am angry. I am worried. And I keep thinking about how different things would be if Hillary Clinton had been elected president. I was, like so many of us, wildly overconfident about her chances. Her presidency was a certainty in my mind and in my heart. And then, it wasn’t.   
Instead, it is 2017 and white supremacists no longer feel the need to wear hoods to hide their racism and anti-Semitism. I am a black woman and I live in a country where the president does not disavow racism. It is 2017 and we are having a national conversation about the resurgence of white supremacy, American Nazism and fascism, or perhaps more accurately, we are being reminded that this hatred has been here all along. Throughout the 2016 election, I did not do as much as I could have done to support Mrs. Clinton’s presidential bid. I contributed money to the campaign, but I didn’t volunteer or try to get out the vote.
No doubt she didn't volunteer or get out the vote because she is so fat she can hardly move without a crane and a support team in attendance. I'm not even joking. This is the Monstrously Fat Black Feminist who wrote a book called Hunger, in which she tells the world how terrible it is to be a Monstrously Fat Black Feminist who can hardly move without a crane and a support team in attendance.

"Show me the Honey!"



When she went to do an interview about her book with Australian feminist site Mamamia, they had to check her dimensions first to make sure she could fit in the lift. Seriously.
“A lot of planning has to go into a visit from best-selling author … Roxane Gay,” read the description on the podcast episode. “Will she fit into the office lift? How many steps will she have to take to get to the interview? Is there a comfortable chair that will accommodate her six-foot-three, ‘super-morbidly obese’ 
...In a now-deleted article which was published on Monday, a cached version of which is still available, Freedman said the requests had been sent to her by Gay’s publisher, detailed in “more than a dozen exchanges”. “Her size is imposing and also a logistical nightmare for her,” she wrote. “The requirements back and forth with her publishers who had brought her out to Australia to promote her books were extremely detailed. She continued: “How many steps were there from the [kerb] to the door of the building? Were there any stairs? How many? How big was the lift and was there a goods lift? How many steps from the lift to the podcast studio? There was also a lot of talk about chairs – making sure we had one sturdy enough to both hold her weight and make sure she was comfortable.”
Source

The recent tragically-deceased Heather Heyer obviously had some excess energy storage issues. But Roxane Gay makes Heather Heyer look like an anorexia case. If the Dodge had hit Roxane Gay in Charlottesville instead of Heather Heyer, the car would have been a write-off and James Alex Fields would have been in the mortuary instead of prison. It's even rumoured Gay has her own gravitational field and sucks nearby objects into an orbit around her. Whenever she walks through a store, it's like a hurricane has hit. The staff need to spend the next hour just putting the stuff back on the shelves.

But Gay is determined to stop Trump next time. She'll do whatever it takes.
We cannot afford to delude ourselves about the state of things. We cannot mollify ourselves with some ideal of neutrality or objectivity as if white supremacy deserves anything but resounding contempt. Taking down Confederate statues is a symbolic but necessary gesture, but we cannot merely dismantle these markers of America’s painful past. We must work to dismantle the pernicious ideologies these statues represent. We must root out white supremacy, wherever it lurks, and call it by its name even when it makes us uncomfortable, even when the people we are calling out are those we live and work with, or consider friends and family. 
We are on a precipice. What happened in Charlottesville is not the end of something but, rather, the beginning. And it is from this precipice that I am reminded of everything I did not do during the 2016 election. Hindsight reminds me that resistance must be active, and constant. Resistance is the responsibility of everyone who believes in equality and demands the eradication of racism, anti-Semitism and the hatred that empowers bigots to show their truest selves in broad daylight. I am reminding myself that I should never allow my fears to quiet me. I have a voice and I am going to use it, as loudly as I can. *I solemnly vow not to eat another cheeseburger until Trump has left office. I must do my bit. I must lose my excess weight so I can pound the pavement in support of whoever Trump's challenger is. To free America of hate, I must free my body of fat. FIGHT THE HATE, FIGHT THE WEIGHT. That will be my slogan now. I invite all non-racist Americans to join me in this crusade against corpulence and bigotry. It will be our very own Triumph of the Will over the body oppression forced upon us by white power.

















*I may have added a few lines at the end

1 comments:

  1. I'm always intrigued about the "anti-Semitism" line. Hate against everyone else = RACISM. Hate against Jews, and only Jews = ANTI-SEMITISM. There is a special consideration given to Jews and I can't for the life of me figure it out.

    ReplyDelete